W 8 March 5 & 7
T- Great Depression and Civil Rights Unionism: Beth Bates “Double_V_for_Victory” in Freedom North, eds. Jeanne F. Theoharis and Komozi Woodard, 17-40. John P Dean_Only Caucasian_ A Study of Covenants; FHA, Underwriting Manual; and Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books
- What is the argument of Beth Bates “Double V for Victory”?
- How does it change the chronology of the civil rights movement?
- What was the “new crowd” and “march behavior”?
- How did it take organizational form?
- Who was Walter Hardin and R. J. Thomas, and how does their relationship reflect the tensions between the “new crowd” and white liberalism, in the form of gradualism and civility?
R-Midterm Review: History of Black America_Midterm Review_SP 19